Stop Violence in Schools!





This blog is an online account of our work for the school campaign we have developed. It is a campaign against violence in our school.


We invite you to be part of it and tell us your story or your thoughts on the topic. Together we can change things for better.
Always remember that peace and respect must first lie within you! Take this pledge and change the world around you by showing how amazing you are!

I pledge to make school a safe place
I pledge to respect my peers and

To always stand up against violence.


I pledge to treat others with kindness
And all I do be done in love and peace!

Wednesday 14 March 2012

Violence awareness week

The activities in this week are for helping the children to realize that the violence is not an option, and they can live together without fighting. Here is the program:

 Day 1 - Tolerance day
 Radio news: Pledge              
                    Blog presentation
                    Violence around us: media, movie, television
                    Personality of the day: Nelson Mandela
                    Word of the day: tolerance \to tolerate
Survey: How tolerant are you?
Activity:    Know your classmates!

Day 2 - Don't stereotype me day
Radio news:  Last day summary        
                  Violence around us: violence on streets
                  Personality of the day: Martin Luther King Jr.
                  Word of the day: Stereotype
Poem contest: I am unique!

Day 3 - Stand up against bulling!
Radio news:  Last day summary
                     Violence around us: wars
                     Personality of the day: Mahatma Ghandi
                     Word of the day: bully\ intimidate
                     What can I do?
Selfportrets exposition: I love peace and respect!
Poster: I am too against bulling!

Day 4 - Kindness makes the difference!
Radio news:  Last day summary       
                     Violence around us: violence in family
                    Personality of the day: Jesus Christ
                    Word of the day: to marginalizaze
Paintings exhibition:,,I wanna be good!''
Raffle:, I caught you caring!''

Day 5- We'll succeed!
Radio news: Week's result
                     Violence around us: violence in school
                     Personality of the day:
                     Word of the day: humiliation/to humiliate
                     What can I do?
Activity: ,,Wear the badge of the day!''
Poster:  ,,There's no violence in my school!''

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rainbow Peace Symbol